Policy for occupational health and safety management system
Established in 1978 near Piacenza, Italy, MCM Machining Centers Manufacturing S.p.A. is one of the world leaders in the design and manufacture of high-precision and high-dynamic machining centres, which can be integrated into flexible machining systems designed to meet specific customer needs. Since its establishment, the company has received recognition in markets around the world, particularly in the Aerospace, Automotive, Industrial, Energy, Oil & Gas and Defence sectors.
The Top Management of MCM S.p.A. believes that the ongoing growth of the Company lies in the professional and human qualities of its employees, who therefore need to work in a healthy and safe environment.
For this reason, MCM S.p.A. has decided to adopt an Occupational Health and Safety Management System, established, documented, implemented and maintained in accordance with standard ISO 45001:2018 in order to assess all risks to the health and safety of workers, also in the choice of work equipment and in the design and arrangement of workplaces, and carries out its activities under technical, organisational and economic conditions that ensure adequate accident prevention and a suitable and safe working environment.
The Top Management of MCM S.p.A., therefore, undertakes to:
• spread a safety culture by promoting responsible and risk-aware behaviour;
• provide the necessary organisational and economic resources;
• constantly adapt to and always comply with the applicable regulations on health and safety at the workplace;
• inform, train and educate the entire staff on prevention and protection of their own and others’ safety during working activities, developing risk awareness and promoting responsible behaviour by all workers;
• effectively meet contractual, legislative and regulatory requirements, and comply with any other agreed requirements;
• pursue ongoing improvement of its performance related to health and safety at the workplace;
• periodically carry out and update the Health and Safety Risk Assessment in response to changes in legislation, layout, introduction of new equipment and/or activities, accident events or reports of near misses, identification of Non-Conformities, in order to eliminate hazards and reduce OSH risks;
• reduce the number of accidents and prevent the occurrence of suspected occupational diseases;
• involve the suppliers in complying with mandatory safety laws;
• systematically identify and meet the expectations and needs of stakeholders, whether external or internal to the Company.
MCM S.p.A. also undertakes to review and, if necessary, update the Management System and the Safety Policy in accordance with the audits carried out during periodic Management Reviews and to constantly verify the achievement of the defined objectives and targets.
This policy is available within the company through publication on the document portal and posting on the company notice board. It is accessible to all external interested parties via the company website www.mcmspa.it
Ing. Gian Luca Giovanelli